See bottom of page for search results.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Sonnet 6 - "I don my silky, flowing outer shell"

Sonnet 6

Jeremy J. Hehn

I don my silky, flowing outer shell

and sway around to music playing slow.

But this appearance doesn't suit me well.

"A boy should wear a suit. No need to show

a side of you that no one wants to see."

I understand that They think it's bizarre

to want to be a person I can't be.

But how did they become the ones they are?

When They were young, they also danced alone

to music only they could hear. But they

were not forced to endure their parents' moans

as They searched for themselves and daily prayed.

O fathers, mothers, family and friends,

Hear me now: I no longer shall pretend.


I wrote this in response to recent exchanges concerning my prom attire. Take it as it is, and you may take me as I am. *shrug*

~ROBO~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I appriciate your feedback.