See bottom of page for search results.

Friday, November 14, 2008

New Cube + Petrus Solution

I bought a new cube a few days ago from an absolutely wonderful website, http://www.thinkgeek.com/. Great stuff. The official Rubik's Cube came today. The springs were a bit tight, so I had to lube the thing. It works fine now.


I figured that this would be a great time to try the Petrus solution again. I tried to use it with my old cube, and I found out that Lars Petrus's site is absolutely horrible. So I googled it, and up popped http://howtosolvearubikscube.weebly.com/petrus-method-solution.html. Not very in-depth, but his reasoning is a lot like mine so it worked out well. Sure enough, I solved the F2L in about an hour (stopping and starting due to laundry and supper). The old algorithms for the last layer work fine, so I just used those, and voila! Solved! I think it really does take a lot less moves than a layer-by-layer solution, so I'll start using the petrus from now on.

~ROBO~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I appriciate your feedback.